The incumbent will provide legal advice and support to stakeholders within the Venture Group global operations in Singapore, Europe, America, Malaysia and China, in alignment with the Group’s strategic objectives.
The incumbent will ensure that the Venture Group operates in compliance with the law at all times and the risk exposure for the Group is limited and managed effectively. He / She will maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners.
- Reviewing a range of corporate and commercial contracts, such as Manufacturing Services Agreements, Development Agreements, Software License Agreements, etc. Marking up commercial contracts against guidelines and instructions provided by senior lawyers.
- Institutionalizing existing & new technologies & IP.
- Advise on and provide support on legal issues relating to supply chain contracts, IT vendor contracts, and matters relating to logistics management, HR, finance, treasury and other corporate affairs.
- Case management of disputes, litigation, and insurance recovery.
- Management of external counsel as required.
- Document and contract file management, including renewal of existing trademarks and patents.
- Administering the internal contract review and approval processes.
- Supporting senior lawyers to strengthen the Group’s compliance and governance frameworks with focus areas in export control, privacy, anti-bribery and corruption.
- Providing contract and compliance training to internal stakeholders.
- Other work as assigned by senior lawyers, eg, legal research.
- Law degree from a reputable law school.
- 3-6 PQE.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a law firm or an in-house legal team preferably handling corporate and commercial matters.
- Highly motivated individual who can take responsibility over given work and progress with work.
- Keen willingness to learn and develop professionally.
- Excellent command of English.
- Articulate and concise in verbal and written communication.