TERMS OF ACCESS
Access to this website is granted by Venture Corporation Limited (“Venture”) subject to the following conditions. By accessing and/or continuing to access this website and/or using any of the services ("Service") therein, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (the “Terms of Access”). If you do not agree to any of these Terms of Access, please discontinue your access immediately.
1. USE OF THE SITE. You agree:- (a) to comply fully with all the directions and/or instructions issued by Venture from time to time in respect of the use of the website and/or the Service; (b) to abide by all applicable laws and regulations in the use of the website and/or the Service; and (c) not to share with or disclose to any other party your UserID and Password (defined below).
2. USE OF NECESSARY SOFTWARE AND EQUIPMENT. You shall be responsible for obtaining and using the necessary web browser and/or other software and/or equipment necessary to obtain access to this website and/or use the Service at your own risk and expense. If new or different versions of the web browser and/or other software and/or hardware and/or equipment necessary for the operation of this website and/or the use of the Service become available, Venture reserves the right not to support any prior version of the web browser or other software. If you fail to upgrade the relevant software and/or web browser or to use the enhanced version of software and/or web browser as required by Venture, Venture may reject your transactions, or process your transactions incorrectly, or you may not be able to obtain access to all features and/or services available, or use the Service, and Venture shall not be held liable as a result thereof.
3. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. Venture reserves the right, but shall not be obliged to:- (i) monitor, screen, moderate, edit, censor, or otherwise control any activity, content or material including, without limitation, discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, forums, message boards, bulletin boards, on the website; (ii) investigate any violation of the Terms of Access contained herein and take any action it deems appropriate; (iii) in its absolute discretion, and without stipulating any reason, prevent or restrict your access to the website or any part thereof; (iv) in its absolute discretion, and without stipulating any reason, stop, suspend, modify, delete or edit any material appearing on the website or part thereof; (v) request from you information and data relevant to your use of the website and/or the Service at any time and to exercise its right under this clause if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if Venture has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data; and (vi) report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities.
4. USER ID AND PASSWORD. You may gain access to non-public areas of the website and/or the Service only if you have been provided by Venture with (a) a login identification number(s) ("UserID") and (b) a personal identification number(s), password(s), symbol(s) or code(s) ("Password") and if such UserID and Password remain valid. Venture may at any time in its sole and absolute discretion forthwith invalidate the UserID and/or Password without assigning any reason therefor, without prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by or caused by you, or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such invalidation. You are solely responsible for retaining the confidentiality of your UserID and Password and shall not at any time disclose your UserID or Password any other party. All communications transmitted to Venture using your UserID and/or Password shall be deemed to be use or access of the website and/or the Service by you or with your authority. If you believe that the security of your UserID and/or Password has been compromised, you shall forthwith notify Venture and obtain a new UserID and/or Password. You will remain liable for any unauthorised use of your UserID and/or Password until such notification is received.
5. SUBMISSIONS. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Venture will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting Venture to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
You agree that your profile and other particulars, materials and information provided by you to Venture are non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall become the property of Venture. You hereby consent to the disclosure by Venture of your profile and other particulars, materials and information provided by you to Venture to third parties without further notice to you.
6. THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. Venture may, from time to time, permit a third party to offer products and/or services via the website and/or include hyperlinks on the website to third party products and/or services available on third party websites. Venture does not make any representation in relation to, or warranty or endorsement of any of the products and/or services provided by any third parties nor does it make any representation in relation to, or warranty or endorsement of any such third parties. All products sold, services rendered and information provided by such third parties are those of the respective third parties and not Venture, and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the individual third parties. Venture shall not be a party to any contracts for such products and/or services. Venture shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with such third parties and/or their products and/or services, their use or implementation or otherwise, including without limitation any product liability claims, claims for loss of profits, loss of use of the products or services, loss of data or any other economic losses or any consequential, incidental or exemplary losses, expenses and/or damages which you may incur or suffer.
7. DISCLAIMER. All information provided is intended to be general in nature and should not be relied upon in making any decision. The information and materials contained in this website, including services, products, functions, information, data, text, graphics, audio, video, links or other items - are provided “as is”, and “as available”. Whilst Venture tries to ensure that information provided on this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, it cannot guarantee the same. Venture is under no obligation whatsoever to update the information contained in this website. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESS OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER MALICIOUS, DESTRUCTIVE OR CORRUPTING CODE, AGENT, PROGRAM OR MACROS, IS GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SERVICE, THE WEBSITE, OR ANY INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED AT THE WEBSITE. Venture does not warrant:- (i) the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy or completeness of the information, materials, services and/or functions provided at or contained in the website; (ii) that your use of and/or access to the website or any information or any materials on the website, will be uninterrupted, secure or free from errors or omissions or that any identified defect will be corrected; (iii) that the website or any information or materials provided therein will meet your requirements or are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros; and/or (iv) that use of information or materials displayed on the website will not infringe rights of third parties.
8. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. VENTURE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR EXPENSE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (1) ANY ACCESS, USE OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE, OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE; (2) ANY SYSTEM, SERVER OR CONNECTION FAILURE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELAY IN TRANSMISSION, OR COMPUTER VIRUS; (3) ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE; (4) ANY USE OF THE SERVICE; (5) ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY OTHER WEBSITE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF VENTURE OR ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES AND/OR EXPENSES. ANY HYPERLINKS TO ANY OTHER WEBSITES ARE NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR VERIFICATION OF SUCH WEBSITES AND SUCH WEBSITES SHOULD ONLY BE ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS EXCLUSION CLAUSE SHALL TAKE EFFECT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You should assume that everything provided through, seen or read on this website is copyrighted or otherwise protected by intellectual property laws, unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of Venture. The copyright in this website and the information and materials contained therein are owned by Venture and/or third party proprietors. You may not reproduce, modify, adapt, distribute, republish, display, broadcast, hyperlink or transmit any whole or part of the website and the information and materials contained therein in any manner or by any means or store the same in an information retrieval system without the prior written permission of Venture and/or the relevant third party proprietors. You also may not, without Venture’s permission, insert a hyperlink to this website on any other website or “mirror” any material contained on this website on any other server.
The trade marks, service marks, and logo used and displayed on this website (including without limitation “Venture” and the “Venture” logo) (“Trade Marks”) are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of Venture or others. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on this website, without the written permission of Venture or other Trade Mark owner. Venture prohibits use of any Trade Mark as a “hot” link to any Venture site or any other site unless establishment of such a link and use of such Trade Mark is approved in advance by Venture in writing.
Images of people or places displayed on this website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Venture. The use of these images by you or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms of Access or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
All information, methods, processes, know-how or other technology disclosed in this website is owned by Venture and nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the same without the written permission of Venture.
10. FAIR DISCLOSURE AND FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. Some of the information on this website may contain information that can be considered forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial or technical performance of Venture. You should bear in mind that these statements and information are predictions that involve risks and uncertainties, and that the actual events or results may differ materially from the predictions. You agree that such statements and information may not be accurate and should not be relied upon in making any decision. The words “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “anticipate” and similar expressions and variations of such expressions identify certain (but not all) of such forward-looking statements, which apply only as of the dates on which they were made. Venture undertakes no obligation to update, correct or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Documents which Venture files from time to time with the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited may be available to the public at www.sgx.com.
Among the key factors that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements, including, among others, the level of overall growth in the electronics manufacturing services (EMS) industry; lower-than-expected customer demand; component constraints; potential fluctuations in operating results; dependence on the computer and communications industries; dependence on a specific number of customers; manufacturing risks; the ability to manage expansion, consolidation and the integration of acquired businesses as well as the risks associated with Internet infrastructure, volatility of stock price, financial risk management, future growth and uncertain economic conditions.
Nothing on this website should be construed as constituting an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, and nothing on this website should be relied upon in connection with any investment or other decision.
11. AMENDMENTS TO TERMS OF ACCESS. Venture may impose such further terms and conditions and make such amendments to these Terms of Access as Venture may in its discretion deem fit from time to time. Venture will notify you of such amendments by posting the amendments on-line at the website or such other method of notification as may be designated by Venture, which you agree shall be sufficient notice for the purpose of this clause. If you do not agree to be bound by the amendments, you shall cease all access to and/or use of the website and/or Service. You further agree that if you continue to use and/or access the website and/or Service after being notified of such amendments to these Terms of Access, such use and/or access shall constitute an affirmative:- (1) acknowledgement by you of these Terms of Access and its amendments; and (2) agreement by you to abide and be bound by these Terms of Access and its amendments.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. By accessing and/or continuing to access this website and its contents and/or by using or continuing to use the Service, you agree that Singapore law (including without limitation, the provisions of the Evidence Act (Cap. 97) and the Electronic Transactions Act (Cap. 88) shall govern such access and the use and provision of the Service and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in the event of any dispute arising in relation to this website and/or these Terms of Access whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
13. ACCESS FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS. This website is controlled and operated by Venture from its offices in the Republic of Singapore. Venture makes no representation that content of this website are appropriate or available for use in locations other than Singapore, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other territories do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with the applicable local laws of such territories.
14. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. A person or entity who is not a party to these Terms of Access shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce any term herein .